Royal Plaza Hotel in the Walt Disney World® Resort Converts to B Resort & Spa
Following a massive, top-to-bottom redesign, the new 394-room resort promises to be equally fun for adults and children with luxurious appointments, modern touches, innovative technologies and an array of unique activities. Special limited-time introductory rates start at $159 per night through June 30, 2014.
"B Resort & Spa is the first resort designation for the B Hotels & ResortsR brand and we are thrilled to introduce travelers to such an incredible, unique product in one of the world's top business and leisure travel destinations," said Keith Wolling, the property's general manager. "This is a four-star resort with attractive prices and a team that is committed to delivering unforgettable, customized experiences to virtually every type of traveler."
For experience-driven families, couples, groups and discerning business travelers, B Resort & Spa offers an outstanding array of signature B Hotels & ResortsR offerings and amenities, including:
- Inspiring, playful design -B Resort & Spa's stylish lobby features white marble floors, soaring ceilings and comfortable yet lively lounge areas that invite guests to work, socialize and relax. In the corridors off the lobby, bright pops of color come from the B Artistic exhibition, a contemporary art gallery showcasing the vibrant Central Florida arts scene. Guest rooms and suites are appointed with sleek blue-and-white decor and floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of the area's theme parks, lakes, and evening fireworks celebrations. Rooms are equipped with designer furnishings, the signature Blissful BedR, large HD LED interactive flat-screen televisions and a B Treated Box of whimsical (and affordable, at $5 each) in-room snacks. Complimentary gaming consoles are available upon request. Many rooms also feature bunk beds, kitchenettes and wet bars.
- Innovative technologies - Guests can B in touch with resort-wide FreeB Wi-Fi (complimentary wireless internet access), complimentary loaner iPads and the Monscierge digital concierge service and destination guide. Custom-designed for each B property, the Monscierge touchscreen and mobile app provide useful information, from hotel amenities to flight updates, even allowing printing capabilities of boarding passes from a lobby screen to the front desk. Also with Monscierge, guests can B Adventurous with access to unlimited localized content, such as tips on excursions, dining and sightseeing adventures within the destination.
- Zero-entry pool and relaxation area - A heated outdoor pool is the perfect place to decompress and enjoy the afternoon at B Resort & Spa, with interactive water elements, a nearby kids' zone and a pool bar and grill.
- Stylish, flexible function space - With state-of-the-art ballrooms, several boardrooms and an expansive 5,000-square-foot terrace, B Resort & Spa offers more than 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and celebration space. Guests will revel in new options for enchanting weddings, meetings and other private functions in this world-class destination.
- B Humane - As part of the brand's B Humane program, each guest room has a plush toy gopher frog, a species indigenous to Central Florida, perched on the bed. Guests can "adopt" the stuffed animal to take home, with a portion of the proceeds from sales going to the Wildlife Foundation of Florida, a nonprofit organization that helps protect the preservation of Florida's fish and wildlife resources and their habitats.
- Unique food and beverage offerings - Opening on the heels of the B Resort & Spa will be American Q, a new signature restaurant developed in partnership with restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow and China Grill Management. The renowned group, of China Grill and Asia de Cuba fame, is continuing its tradition of food and beverage innovation with the inaugural location of this concept. American Q puts a modern twist on classic barbeque, featuring specialties from regions throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Guests can expect spontaneous line dancing led by friendly "cowboy/cowgirl" servers and an appetizer and salad station served from the bed of a 1951, cherry-red, Ford F1 pickup truck.
- For convenient grab-and-go fare, The Pickup, located just off the lobby, has a full coffee bar and ice cream shop, as well as a variety of snacks and sundries for on-the-go needs. Complimentary coffee is available daily until 11 a.m. B Resort & Spa also offers a pool bar and grill, customized catering menus for weddings and meetings, a specialty spa menu and 24/7 in-room dining.
- B IndulgedR Spa by AVEDA - Set to open later this summer, B Resort & Spa is home to the brand's first full-service spa. Well-deserved after a fun-filled day at the area's many theme parks or a productive business meeting, this haven nurtures the body and soul, pairing pure botanical products with the ancient science of AVEDA. Travelers can treat themselves to customized massages, facials, hair and makeup services and a nail boutique, as well as unique offerings for busy business men and women, children and teens. The adjacent B ActiveR Fitness Center features state-of-the-art exercise equipment.